Under European data protection laws (European Data Protection Laws) we must establish and inform you of a legal basis or “ground” for our use of your personal data. For each use mentioned below we note the purpose for which we use and disclose it, and the ground we rely on as the basis for our use. An explanation of each of the grounds can be found [here].
Depending on how you interact with Carlsberg, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and manage products and services you have requested : To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to arrange delivery, to action or cancel orders, to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, and to notify you about changes to our products and services
Legal bases: contract performance, legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide products and services to you or to notify you about changes to our products and services)
- To communicate effectively with you : To respond to your questions, comments, complaints or other communications, including any queries relating to our products
Legal bases: legitimate interests (to allow us to correspond with you and provide products and services to you), legal claims
- To monitor activities and record our correspondence with you : To monitor our communications with you, including to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures and for training purposes
Legal bases: legitimate interests (to ensure the quality of our products and services)
- To provide you with marketing materials : To provide you with information by post, email, phone, SMS, or online or social media advertisement about products and services that we offer where such products or services are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, or where you have consented to being contacted for those purposes. We may also use your information for marketing selected business partners’ products and services. Where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing sent to you or you may opt out at any time by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact” section below
Legal bases: consent, legitimate interests (to keep you updated with news in relation to our products and services)
- To understand our customers, and to develop and tailor our products and services : We may analyse the personal data that we hold in order to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. We may report aggregate information to our advertisers, and make suggestions and recommendations to you, our customers and users of our websites about products or services that may interest you or them
Legal bases: legitimate interests (to ensure the quality of our products and services, allow us to improve our products and services, and provide you with the content and services on our websites)
- To run our promotions and competitions : Where you are participating in promotions and competitions, to run such promotions and competitions, including to notify you if you have won. If you win a prize, in accordance with local law, we may make your personal data and your guests’ personal data available on our websites and social media pages and in press releases. We may also make these details available to third parties who may need this information for prize fulfilment purposes
Legal bases: legal obligations, contract performance, legitimate interests (in order to successfully run our promotions and events)
- To run our events : If you attend an event organised or otherwise supported by us, we may use your personal data, including specific dietary requirements, health information and access assistance, in connection with the running of the event
Legal bases: legitimate interests (to allow us to run our events, and to cater for and accommodate your specific preferences and requirements during our events), explicit consent (if required)
- In relation to fraud prevention : We and other organisations may access and use certain information to prevent fraud as may be required by applicable law and regulation, and best practice, at any given time. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations, and may be recorded by us or them
Legal bases: legal obligations, legitimate interests (to ensure that you fall within our acceptable risk profile and to assist with the prevention of crime and fraud), substantial public interest
- To conduct certain checks on you, such as KYC and credit checks : If you are a customer or prospective customer, we may use your personal data to conduct certain checks in relation to you (and or your business). In connection with this purpose, we may disclose your details to the relevant authorities including credit reference agencies, government agencies and fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We, and other organisations that access and use information recorded by such agencies, may do so from countries other than the country in which you are based
Legal bases: legal obligation, legal claims, substantial public interests, legitimate interests (to assist with the prevention of crime and fraud)
- To improve and administer our websites, and to ensure that content is relevant : To ensure that only adults of legal drinking age view and interact with our websites; to improve our websites and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis (including traffic data analysis), testing, and research, statistical and survey purposes; to allow you to participate in / register for interactive features of our service; as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure; to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include passing your data to business partners, service providers, and analytics and search engine providers
Legal bases: legitimate interests (to allow us to administer our websites and to provide you with the content and services on our websites), legal obligation
Legal bases: legitimate interests (in order to allow us to change our business), legal obligation
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations : We may process your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, which may include disclosing your personal data to third parties, including insurers, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so
Legal bases: legal obligations, legal claims, legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities)
If you have any questions about the legal bases we rely on, please contact us using the details set out in the “Contact” section below.
Disclosure of your information
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who may use it in connection with any of the purposes set out above. We will also share your personal data with third party service providers (such as providers of marketing, IT or administrative services) who may process it on our behalf for any of the purposes set out above.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular location). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.